Do be discerning about what you put in your body. You want to get in shape? You want to increase performance? I know this might sound crazy, but in order to do that, try not eating crap.
Eat these often:
- chicken, meat, pork and fish
- unsalted raw nuts
- black coffee
Eat these less often:
- sugar in your tea or coffee (please don’t utter the words ‘that’s hard’. Living with diabetes or recovering from a heart attack brought on by high cholesterol is hard.)
- soft drinks
- white bread
- too much fruit – keep it to one a day, preferably a banana (fruit is laden with sugar and messes with your energy levels)
- junk food – I’m not going to expand on this. You’re all adults.
- Fish oil supplements
- DS24 daily vitamins
- whey protein after you train – Optimum Nutrition is the best brand I’ve ever used.
Note: beer and wine are not on these lists because we recommend the moderate approach. Don’t be the guy in the corner at your brother’s wedding eating almonds while white people are break dancing to Run- D.M.C. But don’t be the guy who tells everyone he’s cut white bread out of his diet but smashes 16 pints of beer a week.
In case you didn’t notice, beer has wheat in it.
Just try, slowly but surely, to make better decisions about your body and what you feed it.